85 Albert Street
Its coveted location in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core puts this building just steps away from Ottawa’s key business, financial, government centres and the Provincial Courthouse. The property is situated along a major public transit route that links with the region’s rapid transit system and the LRT, providing immediate access throughout the city and beyond.
85 Albert offers executive touches and comfortable surroundings. A boardroom, available to all tenants, provides a distinguished environment for meetings and executive entertaining.
Private, secure underground parking is available for the Tenant’s convenience and the Tenants enjoy the benefit of on-site property management.
Address: 85 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1P 6A4, Canada
Category: Office Downtown
- Total rentable area: 89,339
- Number of floors: 16 floors
- Building Renovations: Energy savings lighting retrofit, energy conservation retrofit to building systems and water conservation. Elevator mechanical retrofit with new cabs and a Washrooms upgrade and redesign.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, barrier free on ground floor
- Elevators/Passenger: 3 high speed gearless elevators from ground with computerized controls to monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times. Shuttle elevator to 4 levels of parking garage
- Freight elevator: One of the elevators is oversized in height to double as a freight elevator when required.
- Amenities: Boardroom rental for tenants. On major transit arteries for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the National Arts Centre, the Central Business District, the Ottawa Convention Centre, shopping, dining and major hotels. On-site storage lockers available for lease to tenants.
- On site garage: Tenant parking for up to 80 cars, 4 levels.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space.
- HVAC: Seimens Energy Conservation Retrofit, computer controlled system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirments, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant’s requirements at an additional charge)
- Emergency power: Diesel generator, for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low voltage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit for energy efficiency.
- Fibre optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-site monitoring station for fire, and elevator 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the Building. 1 fire hose cabinet per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on every floor.
- Video Surveillance: Security cameras on-site.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service “green” cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning, digitally controlled automated building systems, a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency, and a water conservation retrofit.
- On-site Day Engineer. Building Manager shared between 2 adjacent buildings.
- Metcalfe Realty’s property management office is located in the Varette Building at 130 Albert Street, which is only one city block from the 85 Albert Street building. This close proximity of the property management office provides the tenants with convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.