Careers at Metcalfe Realty
Manager, Tenant Services
Metcalfe Realty Company Limited is searching for a Manager of Tenant Services:
Manager, Tenant Services is responsible for delivering customized construction projects (predominantly Tenant Fit-Ups) to the highest quality & customer service standards within the Metcalfe portfolio as an integral part of the Construction Department and Property Management Team.
Scope of position and responsibilities include:
Provide construction services as a General Contractor to our new and existing Tenants within the Metcalfe Realty portfolio.
➢ Review site conditions, develop scope of work, tender, award/engage, manage subcontractors & consultants. Issuance contacts and purchase orders.
➢ Administering and enforcing contracts and ensure construction project performance is completed on time, on budget and to specification.
➢ Obtain building and occupancy permits as required.
➢ Coordinate work, deliveries, fire bell testing etc. with onsite building managers. ➢ Review drawings and provide commentary while incorporating and accommodating the considerations of the various inner office departments (leasing, operations, & accounting)
– Working knowledge of design implications, code compliance, mechanical systems, and cost considerations
➢ Provide budgets and quotations to Tenants and for inner office circulation.
– Ability to defend costs and provide insight and recommendations with respect to delivery times, work space interruptions, and other costs to be considered while undertaking the Fit-Up. ➢ Review life and safety items and modify accordingly.
➢ Perform site visits/ inspections.
– Managing subtrades (quality of workmanship, progress)
– Inspections (city, fire, code)
– design and construction meetings with consultants and Tenants
– Deficiency/ Hand over walk through
➢ Maintain communication with Tenants throughout fit-up process. Ensuring Tenant is informed, and apprised of any changes to project progress, product availability, or completion date. ➢ Adhering and enforcing our Health and Safety Regulations.
➢ Approve (and prepare when necessary) invoices, progress billing, statutory declarations. ➢ Attend and participate in bi-weekly inner office department meetings
➢ Maintain organized job files with pertinent tenant and trade correspondence.
➢ Developing and coordinating overall project close out
– Correcting deficiencies
– Assemble maintenance manuals, guarantees and as built drawings./
– Tenant satisfaction sign off letters.
➢ Undertake all other related duties as required or assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills
- In depth knowledge of construction industry including building materials, construction specifications, methods, and procedures, building codes, procurement process, safety and management practices
- Strong planning, organizational & time management skills.
- High degree of tenant service orientation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Tenants, vendors and stakeholders
- Strong aptitude for adapting to new technology
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate best practices in order to optimize project delivery and deliver value to our Tenants.