The Burnside Building (151 Slater Street)
Address: 151 Slater St, Ottawa, ON K1P 5H2, Canada
Category: Office Downtown
Strategically located at the corner of Slater & O’Connor Street, the Burnside Building is ideally positioned to take advantage of the city’s rapid transit system and future LRT, it offers immediate access to Ottawa’s business, government and financial centres. Tenants and clients alike can enjoy the best of Ottawa’s downtown as this Building is within easy walking distance of the National Arts Centre, the Capital Congress Centre and the Rideau Centre Shopping Complex and is adjacent to Sheraton International Hotel.
For the Tenant’s convenience, the Burnside Building offers a sit-down cafeteria and catering service and private and secure underground parking.
- Total rentable area: 147,046
- Number of floors: 12 floors plus 1 basement level
- Building Renovations: Energy savings lighting retrofit energy conservation retrofit to building systems and Water conservation retrofit.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, barrier free at B-1 level.
- Elevators/Passenger: 3 high speed gearless elevators with computerized controls to monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times. Elevators lock off for tenant security after hours
- Freight elevator: One of the elevators is oversized in height to double as a freight elevator when required.
- Amenities: Boardroom Rental available to tenants. On direct transit routes for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the Central Business District, the Ottawa Convention Centre, the National Arts Centre, shopping, dining and major hotels. On-site storage lockers available for lease to tenants.
On site garage: Tenant parking for up to 200 cars, 4 levels.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space.
- HVAC: Seimens Energy Conservation Retrofit, computer controlled building ventilation system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirements, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant’s requirements at an additional charge)
- Emergency power: Emergency lighting in common areas provided by battery packs. Battery back-up for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low wattage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit for energy efficiency
- Fibre optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-site monitoring station for fire and elevators 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and Smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the building. 2 fire hose cabinets per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on every floor.
- Video surveillance: Security cameras on-site.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service “green” cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning in 2008, digitally controlled automated building systems were installed, a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency and a water conservation retrofit.
- On-site Day Engineer. Building Manager shared between 2 adjacent buildings.
- Metcalfe Realty’s property management office is located in the Varette Building at 130 Albert Street, which is in the same city block as 151 Slater Street. This close proximity of the property management office provides the tenants with convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.