Address: Varette Bldg, 130 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1P 1B1, Canada
Category: Office Downtown
Short Term Leases
Utilities Included (internet and phone extra)
Cleaning five days per week
Identification on office door, and on building directory board
Located on the B1 level with a private access to Slater Street
Use of a boardroom is available (by reservation)
These offices are great for small business’ and startups. Square footage and rental rates vary – contact me for more details and to setup a tour.
Starting for as low as $260.00 per month*
613-563-4442 | email@example.com
- Total rentable area: 207,656
- Number of floors: 20 floors plus 1 basement level
- Building Renovations: Building façade revitalization 2009. Corridor renovations 2007. Energy conservation retrofit to building systems, 2005. Energy saving lighting retrofit, 2007, water conservation retrofit, 2007. Mechanical retrofit with new cab. 2007.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, 1 barrier free on 7th floor.
- Elevators/Passenger: 5 high speed gearless elevators with computerized controls monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times. Separate shuttle elevator from the 19th floor to the 20th and one shuttle elevator to garage from ground floor from 4–B level.
- Freight elevator: One of the elevators is oversized in height to double as a freight elevator when required.
- Amenities: On-site cafeteria, boardroom rental available for tenants. On the major transit arteries for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the Central Business district, Shopping, Dining, the Ottawa Convention Center and major hotels. Services available in the Building include a Men’s Clothing store and Tailor Shop, Dry cleaning, Print Shop, Convenience Store, Dentist, Physiotherapist, Massage Therapist, Travel Agency and Employment Agency. On-site storage lockers are available for lease to tenants and short term office rentals (mini offices) are available in the B-1 Level.
On site garage: Tenant parking for up to 118 cars, 3 levels.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space
- HVAC: Seimens Energy Conservation Retrofit in 2005, computer controlled building ventilation system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirements, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling.
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant’s requirements at an additional charge).
- Emergency power: Natural gas generator, for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low voltage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2007 for energy efficiency
- Fibre Optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-Site monitoring station for fire, and elevators 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the Building. 2 fire hose cabinets per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on each floor.
- Video surveillance: At all points of entry to the Building including the garage.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service “green” cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning in 2008, digitally controlled automated building systems were installed in 2005, a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency done in 2007 and a water conservation retrofit 2007.
- On site Building Manager and Day Engineer.
- As the Property Management office for Metcalfe Realty Company Limited is located in this building, tenants enjoy convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up for all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.