7 Hinton Avenue
Striking heritage features are the distinguishing marks of a spacious office and warehouse development at 7 Hinton Avenue in Hintonburg.
From the turn of the century until 1974 the property served as the manufacturing plant for The Capital Wire Cloth Company. In 1984 Metcalfe Realty completely redeveloped the property, winning wide recognition for conserving the property’s unique historical architectural characteristics and skillfully integrating them into the building’s new design. The exterior brick finish was restored to its original character and new windows were custom designed to duplicate the intricate detailing of the original windows.
Address: 7 Hinton Ave N, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W8, Canada
Category: Office Centretown, Office Suburban
Suite 003, 7 Hinton 5,943 sq. ft.
Suite 204, 7 Hinton Avenue 1,830 sq. ft.
- Date built: Year 1925
- Date renovated: Building restored and renovated for office and commercial use in 1984
- Total rentable area: 44,495
- Number of floors: 2 floors
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, barrier free on 2nd floor.
- Elevators/Passenger: One barrier free lift serving the west side of the building
- Amenities: Eclectic architecture which preserves the essence and vintage feel of the building. Easy access from the Queensway and major east/west traffic routes. Close to the “Wellington Village” shops and businesses, the Parkdale Market, and the Tunney’s Pasture Government Complex.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 4 water high efficiency boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space.
- HVAC: Multiple roof top units for cooling
- Emergency power: Emergency lighting in common areas provided by battery packs. Battery back-up for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low wattage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2007 for energy efficiency
- Fibre optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-Site monitoring station for fire, 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the Building. Fire hose cabinets, portable fire extinguishers, and pull stations as per code for the building.
- Sprinklers: complete building, fully sprinkled
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building has had a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency and a water conservation retro-fit in 2007.
- Itinerant Building Manager and Day Porter.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides immediate response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.