1385 Bank Street
The complete requirements of both the medical practitioners and the patients have been considered in designing Kilborn Medical Centre. Its highly visible location in south Ottawa, at the corner of Bank Street and Kilborn Avenue, was chosen for its proximity and easy access to the region's other medical facilities. The Riverside Clinic, the Ottawa General Hospital, the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario and the National Defence Medical Centre are all just minutes away.
The centre can be equally accessible from all parts of the city, as public transportation stops at its front door.
An on-site pharmacy, x-ray facility, laboratory, cafeteria and public parking garage, distinguishes the Kilborn Medical Centre as a complete self-contained medical facility.
- Physical Properties
- Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Life Safety/Security
- Property Management
- Total rentable area: 31,128
- Number of floors: 5 floors plus 1 below grade level
- Building Renovations: Energy savings lighting retrofit 2007. Energy conservation retrofit to building systems, 2007. Water conservation retrofit in 2007.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, barrier-free on each floor.
- Elevators/Passenger: 2 passenger elevators
- Amenities: On-site cafeteria, major chain pharmacy, and blood and diagnostic lab
On site garage: 4 levels covered parking, 111 stalls. Paid parking for visitors.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: Heated electronically with baseboard units for individual temperature control
- HVAC: Roof top HVAC units for cooling with fan assisted VAV system
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant's requirements at an additional charge)
- Emergency power: Emergency lighting in common areas provided by battery packs. Battery back-up for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low voltage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2007 for energy efficiency.
- Monitoring: Off-Site monitoring station for fire, and elevators 24/7
- Sprinklers: Complete building, fully sprinklered
- Fire detection: Smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the building. 1 fire hose cabinet per floor. Portable fire extinguisher and pull stations on every floor.
- Video surveillance: Security cameras on-site.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday - Friday from 06H00 to 20H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency was done in 2007 and a water conservation retrofit in 2007.
- Itinerant Building Manager and Day Porter.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides immediate response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.
- Suite 207 399 sq.ft.
- Suite 217 808 sq.ft.
- Suite 225 889 sq.ft.
- Suite 317 987 sq.ft.
- Suite 410 (Contiguous with 430) 1,077 sq.ft.
- Suite 430 (Contiguous with 410) 554 sq.ft.
- Suite B100 1,319 sq.ft.
- Suite B101 1,670 sq.ft.